Wednesday, February 17, 2010

One Thing Done; Many to Do!

I know that I am quite behind in my class undertakings. I feel as though I am being pulled in one hundred directions! I have to keep in mind a quote from another Hale (at least it has been attributed to him by some sources): “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do.” - Edward Everett Hale (I have also heard it stated in different ways. The first time I ever saw it was at Kimball Camp when I was about 10 years old--it's been a while!)

Tonight I read the material about plagiarism and took the test to get my certificate. I have also looked at the next topic. Actually, I printed a copy of the article the day that it was posted, but I have not had time to think about it.

I had thought about taking a personal day tomorrow (I have accumulated over 215 of them, and I have lost many over the years because we max out at 219), but the yearbook deadline beckons me, and we are having a special homeroom tomorrow. I just feel so guilty when I miss school.

I just hope that I can get everything done this weekend. I am still at a loss for what I should do for my final project. I haven't found an interactive page for what I want to do either.

I need to start taking some deep breaths! I do love what I am learning in class, but I think I am the type of student who needs more guided practice! Right now, I am going directly to my students as they are working on their Wiki pages and on Google Docs and helping them through what they are having trouble with. I do the same thing with InDesign/YearTech with my Student Publications students. I think I need that, too! This is especially true when I am doing a project like this because I am going into a realm of my unknown!

I think I am going to go do some research for the fourth counterpoint issue so that we can get something on our page.

No comments:

Post a Comment