Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wiki Assignment 1a

Collaborating on a Wiki assignment has been interesting. I never thought about what would happen if two people were making changes at the same time, which happened twice to me tonight! Because they were saved before mine, I, more or less, had to redo mine!

I have also tried posting something to the discussion board because I think that will be a good tool for publishing questions or comments to each other. So far, I haven't had any replies. Again, there is so much for most of us to learn (and, as they say, so little time)!

Tomorrow I will have another set of essays to grade! Then Monday I get another new set of students for about eighteen days. In that time, more essays will be written and corrected! Those have to be done by hand, but I am seriously contemplating having another class collaborate on research papers in groups of two or three and have it all on a class Wiki. I think I will do that for sure during the last trimester, but I want to experiment this trimester because I only have one 11B class. Next trimester I will have three.

When I think of all the technological changes that have altered our lives in the aughts, my mind goes crazy. A lot has happened in the last ten years compared to the start of computers in classrooms in the early 80's. We are moving at a whirlwind pace! I am anxious to hear about the new Apple product that is scheduled to be revealed tomorrow.

On top of everything else, it is Homecoming week, which means we are taking many pictures. We also have a yearbook deadline! As they say, it doesn't rain but it pours (or something like that). There is never a dull moment as an educator!

2 comments:

  1. I honestly have not been checking blackboard at all. I would just say whatever you want in your blog. Between checking the google reader, blog, wiki, email, facebook, add in school and family, blackboard has taken a backseat.

    Good luck getting in your yearbook pics! Since you have homecoming now does that mean that you do not have it in October? Or you have it twice? All the highschools around here do it in late Sept or early Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Homecoming twice. It is definitely a busy time! I know what you mean about trying to keep everything checked! I also had essays that I didn't get done because I had to doublecheck the yearbook proofs after the students checked them. I need a snow day!

    ReplyDelete