Sunday, January 17, 2010

Frustration

I need hands-on help. I am so disappointed that we didn't have the first two sessions last weekend so that we could get our bearings better. In addition, I have had a hard week emotionally. To be honest, I have been more concerned about the life of one of my students who was in a bad accident than I have about the class. As a parent whose teenaged son died, I am extremely sensitive to these things, and memories come blasting to the surface that I try to hold in check most of the time. The good news is that the girl will survive, but her injuries are extensive. Today my husband and I traveled to Toledo (about an ninety minutes from here) to visit her. She won't return to school for quite a while.

When I returned home, I once again checked my e-mails from Central, which I have done throughout the week, to find that we have a major assignment for next Friday. I am still trying to register for everything. I really don't mean to complain, but I am also looking for guidance from people who are more familiar with the Internet world than I am. I also know that many of us are holding down full-time jobs and have other responsibilities. I can't speak for others, but as an English teacher who also is responsible for the yearbook, I have oodles of papers almost every night. This week is also Parent-Teacher conferences, which ends up being even more work. If we had had class last weekend, I think that I would be in better shape as far as knowing what to do!

Thanks for listening to anyone out there who sees this! I am looking forward to seeing you next weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Boy you have a full plate. I wish I was more help. See you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you! Thanks for opening up to us and sharing your frustrations and worries.

    See you this weekend. Hopefully, we will be more at ease with the requirements for this class. I, too, was overwhelmed.

    ReplyDelete